intro

Welcome to my blog! I started my blog to let you in on a little bit of my life. My life as me, as a mumma, as a Coeliac and my product reviews.






Thursday 14 April 2011

Review: Mother's en'Vouge ~ Goddess drape nursing /maternity dress

Mischa over at Mother's en'Vouge sent me their beautiful Goddess drape dress to review. I received it in black, but its also available in Mauve and Teal as shown in the pictures below.



Size's are XS, S, M, L or XL. I chose the XL as i have massive boobs! I am usually around a size 14-16, and i found this dress was a great fit for me. Leaving room for other tops to go underneath. The A -line silhouette with loosely draped overlay fits many body shapes. 
It's made of 95% Modal and 5% Spandex/Elasthanne, made in Singapore where the company is based.
I love the little comment on the label inside...''For the stylish mom who loves her child, herself and mother nature''


The dramatic draped overlay with fluid gathers cascading from the shoulders and neckline, and sweeping down to one side of the hemline opens out to be the breastfeeding access panel, and you pull the flap over top part of the dress down over your breast to feed. Its a very spacious panel which can double up as a nursing cover or thin blanket for your baby. However if feeding from the right breast (and not wearing another top underneath) you would be very exposed as the panel would be fully opened out showing both breasts.
I like teaming it up with a polo neck top for warmth, or a vest that go's unseen if the weather is warmer.

This soft, flowing dress gives adequate room for a growing baby bump without being clingy or restrictive. Currently without a baby bump i found the dress to be quite baggy and sack like in shape. I made a quick fix of this by adding a few accessories. Wearing some cropped leggings, a red nurse's style belt just under my boobs, matching red bracelets and necklace turned this into a Hot Mama's outfit! I wore it out for an evening and received many a complement :) You could do so many different things with this dress, its gorgeous go for it!


The Singapore based company's website is priced in Singapore dollars. This dress is priced at SGD 89.90, which is roughly £44.99. An average price for a designer dress.Stocking many other gorgeous items of maternity and nursing wearing, they currently have a few offers on certain dresses so go check them out.

Their home page is here; http://www.mothersenvogue.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....