intro

Welcome to my blog! I started my blog to let you in on a little bit of my life. My life as me, as a mumma, as a Coeliac and my product reviews.






Monday 13 June 2011

Review: Yummy Mummy Maternity ~ Maternity t-shirts

Following my previous review for Yummy Mummy nursing wear i was more than happy to be able to do a second one for their lovely maternity wear.

Zoe sent me two tops, one a vest for underwear and the other a funky maternity t-shirt.




When i first opened the t-shirt i was surprised at how soft it is, its so lovely i had to put it on straight away. The softness add's to the overall comfort of the t-shirt. It has little gatherings along both sides which allow for bump growth and look very stylish.
The t-shirt has is a great length and doesn't ride up when you move. I've had it for a good few weeks now and the colour or print haven't faded at all. It has stayed in shape and fits me well throughout my bump growth.

Me at 17.1wks, I'm now 19wks

It looks great with jeans, either under bump or over it doesn't matter as the fabric gathers so you can't see the waist line very much at all :) Also any black bottoms would go really nicely, a black skirt like the Jessica Alba look previously posted on Yummy Mummy's facebook page.

The only thing i dislike about the top is the placement of a grey dot, it looks like a nipple!?! See the photo below, right boob. Please excuse the state of me, i was knackered!


The neckline is nice enough but i would prefer a v-neck or it to be a bit wider, it sometimes gets out of place/wonky when you wear it but nothing a little re-adjustment won't sort out :)
The sleeve length is really nice, not to short to be an annoying cap sleeve and not to long that its not quite a 3/4 length. Just right.

Over all i love this t-shirt, and at £12 i think its very good value for a comfortable t-shirt that'll grow with you throughout your pregnancy and beyond for post-birth comfort. I'd love to see it more variety's, if they make a red one its mine!!!



I received this top in raspberry colour, however I'd describe it more as coral or orange. Also available in dolce blue or white. I think black and nude should be added to the range :)
It is a onesize fits all (8-16) vest, used as support underwear during pregnancy.

As a size 14 pre-pregnancy i did feel a bit like a sausage being squeezed into its skin, made me think of that Cheryl Baker in the Jenny Craig dieting advert! This is definatly more suited to the 'smaller' lady size 10-12ish i think, to get a comfortable fit.

If like me you have a few bumpy bits you need smoothing out to wear something fitted for an occasion then this would be good for that, it gave me a nice silhouette under a maternity dress but showed my knicker line/muffin top area off :(
I've been wearing it in bed to give a little support whilst i sleep, also it's be good for exercising.

At £12 this is good buy for the quality, softness and support you get.
It just isn't the thing for me :)


So if you fancy either of these items or just want a nose about to see what else Yummy Mummy have then click this link for a look.... http://www.yummymummymaternity.co.uk/index.asp

Also if you visit their facebook page you will get a 10% off code, make sure you tell them i sent you :)
http://www.facebook.com/YummyMummyMaternity?ref=ts&sk=wall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....